Ayurveda or Ayurweda is a traditional Indian healing art, which has many users in India, Nepal and Sri Lanka until today. In Asia, especially in India, Ayurveda is also scientifically taught as a healing method and accepted by the population.
Why do some women enjoy luxurious hair growth while others do not? Genetics plays an important role in the type of hair we are born with. However, regardless of the type of hair we are naturally endowed with, it is possible to enjoy a thick and healthy head of hair by applying a few traditional tips from ancient Ayurvedic practice to keep hair instead of losing it.
- Diet is one of the important aspects of healthy hair; the two are closely related. A diet rich in green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, dairy products, fatty fish, and nuts and seeds helps to provide the necessary nutrients for healthy hair.
- Stress can lead to hair loss, hair pigment loss and health problems. While it is not easy to get rid of stress in traumatic life situations, we must try. Meditation, breathing and relaxation techniques, and exercise can help relieve stress. Get involved in certain hobbies such as gardening, sewing, volunteering, etc. When we take the time to do things for others, we tend to forget about our own problems, this leads to a reduction in the stress level we are working under.
- Refined foods and canned foods cannot help you stay healthy because they are loaded with all the chemicals, other additives and preservatives. These foods have no natural nutrition available to the body. Avoid icy drinks because they inhibit digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- There are certain ingredients that you can add to cooking that are considered hair-friendly. Turmeric, black pepper and cumin are some of the spices you can add. Try roasting spices and grinding them into a powder; add it to yogurt for daily consumption and ultimately to healthy hair.
- Massage the scalp with warm oil at least twice a week to stimulate and moisturize the scalp. Coconut, almond or olive oil are good choices. Apply the oil by gently massaging it into the scalp, then leave it on for a few hours before using an all-natural herbal shampoo to remove the oil. Massaging the head with oil has the added benefit of helping to relax as well.